- Macquarie University was founded in 1964, which was named by “The Father of Australia”—Lachlan Macquarie.
- Macquarie University is ranked fourth in Australia for research of the highest possible quality. In addition, the most recent Australian Government Excellence in Research for Australia evaluation awarded Macquarie the maximum five-star rating for three scientific disciplines, with 85% of research activity rated as performing at world standard or higher.
- Macquarie recently established the Australian School of Advanced Medicine, moved into high tech engineering, highlighted areas of research excellence (COREs) and has doctoral research partnerships with 51 universities.
- Macquarie University is the first to set up an actuarial course in Australia. It is known as its finance, actuarial and counting.
- MQ ranked 247th in the 2015-2016 UK’s QS World University Ranking.
- Bachelor’s degree courses require IELTS 6.5 points (not less than 6 points each part), some professional such as psychological, medical, education, IELTS 7.5 (the individual part is not less than 7).
- Application fee: AU$1102, tuition: Undergraduate for about AU$30800/ years, the master of about AU$28000/ years, room and board: about AU$18000/ years.
Macquarie University has four major colleges: College of business and economics, the Academy of Sciences, the Academy of Sciences, and the Institute of humanities.
Master of Accounting
- Australia’s largest accounting postgraduate courses, but it is also a very popular course for Chinese students. The course is 2.5 years, to give academic support for the students who participate in the CPA test. In the first 1.5 years to study the 13 required courses, then you will receive a Postgraduate Diploma in accounting research, and then enter the 1 years’ CPA master, when you complete, you will receive master’s degree.
- Macquarie University uses practical teaching to develop students’ extensive translation and interpretation skill
- All of the courses are recognised by the NAATI (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters).
Master of environment:
- From 2005, Macquarie University began to apply for graduate students in the Graduate School of postgraduate courses provide a new scholarship fir Chinese students. The scholarship is called “the international scholarship of Macquarie University”. The students who won the award can be removed from the course (a year and a half) of half of the tuition fees.
- The Master of environmental planning is certificated by the Planning Institute of Australia (PIA). Professor Nelson Peter, Dean of the Graduate School of environmental studies, said the certification shows the qualifications of environmental studies in the Graduate School in the field of training professionals, it also means that graduates can be engaged in doing planning work in the environmental industry.
If you want to know more detail of Macquarie University, please contact us!